2011 Wrap Up Part Two
Nabbed from Posh Totty, it covers other stuff for the most part :)
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I'm not sure I did anything outlandishly amazing... We all went to the Bingo one night in the summer, does that count?
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any, don't make any, won't make any ;) Easy Peasy!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Gemma popped out Toby, and Kerry popped out Albert :D
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sally Dog and Arwen.
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed put firmly in Old Blighty thank you!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Pain Killers that kill pain, some more money would be nice...
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Not sure really...There is something I keep MEANING to blog about but haven't yet as I'm not sure how to do so, but we'll see. (No, not telling)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't think I "achieved" anything. I kept the house in order, the kids healthy and fed and clean, and Kellie didn't kill me, so WIN for me I think ;)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting employed before Xmas. Not sticking with the diet after everything went a bit wonky.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Several times over. A couple of bouts of ManFlu, the Eye Injury, Fell off the bike, fell over a few times, fell down the stairs a couple of times...
11. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Little things normal people have done - paying for the persons drinks behind them in cafes, strangers paying for things others have on lay-away, having a quick whip-around collection for the old girl who's purse was stolen just before Christmas.
12. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Every person that continues to feed the Celebrity Culture in this country. Reality TV Executives. The nobbers during the riots. Humanity in general.
13. Where did most of your money go?
Bills for the most part.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I don't tend to get really excited, let alone to the power of three ;) Possibly borderline really REALLY excited by the trailer to The Hobbit...
15. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Um... I struggle with my Musical Monday posts - what makes you think a single song will stick in my noggin?
16. Compared to this time last year, you are:
A bit thinner, in more pain, more tired, but the house is much tidier and prettier!
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Can I say "Kellie" and get away with nothing more than a sly grin?
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Doing too much and knackering myself out :(
19. How did you spend Christmas?
See previous blog post - but it was a quiet one with just us and the squids.
20. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I stayed in love ;)
21. How many one-night stands?
Dozens. Possibly a hundred.
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
VERY into House MD, watched lots of How It's Made, and discovered after much poking and prodding, The Big Bang Theory!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate thank you.
24. What was the best book you read?
Bear Grylls - Mud, Sweat and Tears. Absolutely brilliant.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn't really "discover" anything. Nothing stands out while thinking about it, so clearly it wasn't all that ;)
26. What did you want and get?
Still wanting the Lord of the Rings Blue Ray Extended Box Set thingie and a massive hard drive for all my shit.
27. What was your favourite film of this year?
Kick Ass - may not have BEEN from this year, but I saw it and loved it.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 35 and on my actual birthday Kellie took us out for a meal, followed by lots of JagerBombs when we got home. The day AFTER we went to see Lee Hirst with Kerry & James, so spoiled as usual :D
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting into proper employment again and earning money, or at the very least, getting my pain under control.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
"Unique" or "Interesting" FYI: It's 3C outside, blowing a gale and pissing down with rain, and I am sat in shorts writing this.
31. What kept you sane?
Kellie DEFINITELY kept me on an even keel. The many times I thought I was going off on one, thought I was losing the plot, and thought I was sinking, she was there to pull me back up. On top of that, a couple of very good friends that I won't name & shame helped me out, even when they don't realise they are doing so. And WoW - that always cheers me up ;)
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um, none spring to mind?
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't do politics, do I?
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't believe I actually met anyone "new"
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Gravity still hurts?