There's A Surprise
A woman in New Zealand has fallen over dead because she drank two gallons/ten litres of Coca Cola a DAY. You can read the article here. The joke of it is, the coroner has stated it may have contributed to her death.
Now, when I first read the headlines on my homepage, my first thought was "drinking ten litres of anything is going to kill you" and when I read it out, Kellies first words were pretty much along the same lines.
After reading the article, the coroner and Coca Cola have themselves said drinking excessive liquids in any form is going to shuffle you off this mortal coil. I think it's also referred to as Water Intoxication - athletes suffer from it if they drink too much in a short space of time. She also suffered from Caffeine Toxicity AND Cardiac Arrhythmia (which is, essentially, her heart wasn't beating properly).
Added to this, her family are quoted as saying they knew she was addicted by her symptoms, saying she would:
"go crazy if she ran out... she would get shakes, withdrawal symptoms, be angry, on edge and snappy"Now, wouldn't you have thought they would have helped her out in the first place? If you see someones habit is adversely affecting their life, wouldn't you try helping them?
Then they go on as saying "maybe it needs warning signs"
No, it doesn't. There's no warning signs on packs of sausages stating that if you eat a hundred a day your heart will explode for the same reason:
Yes, I know, it's a dying trait amongst the human race as a whole, and if it comes to it, we should put warning signs on everything in existence.
Do Not Jump Off CliffsAnd on and on... If common sense doesn't prevail, maybe all humans need to learn a new phrase: Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should.
Do Not Insert Genitals Into Lions Mouth
Do Not Poke Eyes With Knife
And I'm sorry, if you think it's fine drinking or eating THAT MUCH stuff on a regular basis, then don't be surprised when you too fall over dead.